Low Toxicity, Biodegradable
Conventional ethylene glycol-based coolants are toxic, presenting a poisoning risk if ingested by children, pets, livestock or wildlife. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is biodegradable, and its low toxicity limits poisoning risk.
Helps Prevent Metallic Corrosion and Erosion
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is formulated with unique organic acids that form a protective layer that prevents corrosion on metal components. Independent tests reveal it greatly surpasses standards for metallic corrosion and erosion, achieving nearly perfect scores in ASTM corrosion and erosion testing on cast aluminum cylinder heads, steel, copper, solder, brass and cast iron and aluminum water pumps.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is a polyorganic acid formulation that does not contain inorganic acid salts (phosphate, nitrate, nitrite, silicate, borate, amine) found in conventional and hybrid organic acid (HOAT) antifreeze/coolants. These materials are responsible for almost all scaling issues in cooling systems, commonly reacting with calcium and magnesium in water to form precipitates that adhere to metal surfaces and create scale and corrosion. They can also precipitate to form scale if the antifreeze/coolant inhibitor system is at the wrong pH or mixed with incompatible products. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant virtually eliminates scaling problems. It is much more resistant to issues caused when calcium/magnesium are inadvertently introduced to the radiator through tap water.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant effectively protects cylinder liners against cavitation erosion/corrosion pitting, without the problems associated with nitrite and nitrite/molybdate technology. Nitrites can cause aluminum corrosion, and they are being banned from coolants used by a growing number of manufacturers in both the heavy-duty and automotive markets. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is a top-performing technology that performs extremely well in ASTM D7583 (John Deere Cavitation Test) testing.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant eliminates the need for supplemental coolant additives (SCAs), extenders and recharging cooling systems. It provides extended service life in all gasoline and diesel vehicles, with recommended intervals of 241,400 kilometers or five years, whichever comes first, in passenger cars and light trucks and 965,606 kilometers,12,000 hours of operation or six years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty and off-road applications.
Compatible With Other Fluids
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is dyed neutral yellow and is compatible with all ethylene and propylene antifreeze and coolant colors, as well as all plastics and elastomers (hoses, gaskets, etc.) found in cooling systems. It is also compatible with fully formulated diesel antifreezes and other organic acid technology (OAT) and hybrid organic acid technology (HOAT) formulations. Mixing propylene and ethylene glycol formulations can make it difficult to predict freeze protection. If mixing for top-off is unavoidable, it is recommended to flush the cooling system at the next convenient opportunity.
Boiling Point (sea level)
- 103°C at 40 percent antifreeze concentration, 105°C at 50 percent, 107°C at 60 percent.
- Increase by 4° to 7°C if a 15 psi radiator cap is used.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is formulated for use in ALL domestic and import passenger cars and light trucks and designed to meet the following heavy-duty specifications:
ASTM D4985, D6210
Detroit Diesel 7SE298, 93K217
- Fiat Professional; Fiat Truck
John Deere 8650-5
Mack Truck CNH
MTU MTL5048, 5049
- New Holland
PACCAR: Kenworth, Peterbilt
TMC of ATA RP329,330, 338
US Military CID A-A-52624A
- Protection up to 24,140 kilometers or 5 years, whichever comes first, in passenger cars and light trucks.
- Protection up to 965,606 kilometers, 12,000 hours of operation or 6 years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty applications.
- Does not require use of supplemental coolant additives (SCAs) or extenders.
Directions for Use
- High-quality water is essential for proper cooling system protection. Mix with distilled water or high-quality water containing less than 100 ppm total hardness (calcium and magnesium compounds). Check antifreeze/coolant-mix freezing point.
- Do not remove radiator cap when engine is hot.
- Used antifreeze/coolant is hazardous. Clean up and dispose of properly following local regulations.
- Check owner’s manual for maintenance and top-off guidelines.